Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102

Thread: Soul Calibur II

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Mr. E Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2002
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh that's the tip of the ice berg for me and Raph. I'm known internationally (I talk to Raph players in Singapore) for my Raph knowledge. I always get random people AIMing me for Raph knowledge, I've even got a couple vids on the net, here's a link,

    http://sc.relaxism.com

    Do search for Raph vids and also, go to,

    http://www.soulcalibur.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=30

    For all the Raph info you could EVER want.

    ---B.j.
    Well, ok not all the Raph info you could ever want since I still don't have all the Raph info I want dammit.

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! I didn't know you knew that much.

    So, are you the number one Raph player in the US, or even world?

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Mr. E Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2002
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Xellos:
    Wow! I didn't know you knew that much.

    So, are you the number one Raph player in the US, or even world?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Nah, I don't play that often or against enough people to be the best. I am probably the most knowledgeable Raph in America (or will be when I get it on the Cube.). I do know that I've put in more time with Raph than any one else around.

    ---B.j.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool, Bj! So you're famous among So cal 2 players.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I jsut saw pics of MANY weapons for each char, and foudn out that you an buy them.

    Are they just fo rlooks, or dot hey affect attack strength and reach (cause some were MUCH longer than others)

  6. #56
    Inactive Member Mr. E Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2002
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Xellos:
    I jsut saw pics of MANY weapons for each char, and foudn out that you an buy them.

    Are they just fo rlooks, or dot hey affect attack strength and reach (cause some were MUCH longer than others)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Yes.

  7. #57
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For example, there are two different attributes for each character: Attack and Defence. Each weapon has a different effect on these attributes, but usually compensate for one another.
    In addition to this, some weapons regenerate health, whilst others slowly take it away; some weapons have incredible attack and defence attributes, but to compensate for this you are unable to block. The varying effects of the weapons adds a strategy element to the game since some combinations of character+weapon assure victory against others.

    The weapons (as with new modes and costumes) have to be bought through the weapon master mode, with the money gained from your progress. While this layout may be reminiscent of an rpg, its more or less the same as the original Soul Calibur's points system.

    With the experience, if a sufficient amount is acquired you go up a level and recieve a new title, starting at "Newcomer" (Level 1) and ending at "Grand Edgemaster of the Abilisk" (level 77). As your level increases, you are able to enter areas on the world map that were previously unaccessable, but unfortunately has no effect on your characters fighting ablity.
    However, some of the best weapons can only be found in areas which require you to be of a required level, so in the end your character benefits from gaining experience.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 31, 2003 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Is the leveling like the Conquest mode leveling?

    Aww, so none of the cooler weapons in more serious matches ;_;

  9. #59
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got Soul Calibur 2!

    My first impression when I played it weeks ago was that the movements were more blunt and too fast; but I got used to it and it's ok.

    Gameplay seems to be as good as the original, if not better. The quest mode is cooler too, although I miss buying pics one by one.

    The graphics are pretty good; they don't look as sharp and stable as the Dreamcast but it's wonderful that they were able to make the game like that for such hardware. They effectively used textures, smaller than the Dreamcast's, but more varied, and excellent polygonal models.

    The music is good or better, too.

    The characters look good, except for Voldo the gay s&m freak (no offense to gay people), I wonder why do they keep him, and the weird monsters and Tekken ghuy which are meh.

    Sophitia is even hotter, still the hottest IMO. I love her second costume. Taki got hot (her face was ok in Soul Calibur 1, it's much better now). Xianghua is not nearly as hot and looks older. Ivy looks slightly worse to me, and I never liked her anyways. Seung Mina is cool but I don't remember if it was her high-res gallery pic the one which sucked. As for the new chicks, Cassandra looks great, although I don't like her skirt and she shouldn't be wearing tights; and Talim rocks, and she's hot (and before anybody says it, yes, I know she's 15, and no, I'm not a pedophile, and yes, I think I can say a 15 year old girl is hot and that doesn't make me a pedophile, especially being 22, and finally, yes, she's hot so what [img]smile.gif[/img] ). BTW, Sophitia's not only the hottest, but her costumes are the best, IMO.

    I don't know the moves for most characters and even the ones I knew I forgot half of them, so I'll have to work. I don't know who the best characters will be, nor the computer's best (but Taki looks thougher than average), but for now, my favorite characters to play with are Talim, Sophitia, and Cassandra, in that order. Not only because they are hot - one of the reasons why I play with them anyways [img]smile.gif[/img] - but because they are fast and agile.

    I'll post more comments later.

  10. #60
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did I mention they move like jelly?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •